On Thursday, Congressman Bill Johnson was in South Point, OH to visit Lawrence Manor Apartments, an affordable senior community commending its recent renovation and grand reopening. Lawrence Manor is one of several communities owned or managed by Wallick that Congressman Johnson has visited within the last four years.
In partnership with the Ohio Housing Finance Agency, Ohio Capital Corporation for Housing and others, Wallick Communities secured nearly $7 million to redevelop Lawrence Manor – a task that also would not have been possible without the 9% Housing Tax Credit.
Originally built in 1980, Lawrence Manor received a complete renovation, including an expanded community building with a computer center, laundry facilities and resident service coordinator office. Additionally, residents saw improvements like new Energy Star appliances, new cabinets and countertops, showers, fixtures, central HVAC and flooring throughout, as well as raised garden plots and a gazebo.
To honor the community’s almost 40-year history, Wallick celebrated with cake, flowers and a chorus of “Happy Birthday” for longtime resident Juanita Clark, who just celebrated her 91st birthday the day before. Other speakers for the event included:
- Tm Swiney- SVP, Wallick Communities, Tax-Credit Development
- Guy Ford- Director of Legislative Affairs, Ohio Housing Finance Agency
- Doug Klingensmith- Vice President, Ohio Capital Corporation for Housing
- Jeff Banker- Vice President, Red Capital Markets, LLC
- Ralph Kline- Assistant Executive Director of Planning, Ironton-Lawrence County CAO
- Michelle Norris- MFH Specialist, Rural Development
- Rita Ferguson- Community Manager, Wallick Communities
Additional project partners include Hooker DeJong and RiverHills Bank.