Tag Archive for: Wallick Communities
The Ashford of Grove City Celebrates Grand Opening
Last Wednesday, August 18, The Ashford of Grove City (AGC) celebrated their grand opening. This was an all-day event with more than 60 people in attendance, including residents, business partners, Wallick associates, and several prominent figures:
- Mayor Ike Stage: City of Grove City
- Jason Knox: District Director for Central Ohio Office of US Senator Rob Portman
- Ellen Short: Central Ohio Regional Representative Office of US Senator Sherrod Brown
- Rabbi Areyah Kaltmann, Chabad Columbus
The morning began with speeches from these people listed above, as well as our own Amy Albery and Stephanie Hess. After the official ceremony and ribbon cutting, guests were welcome to tour the new building and meet the AGC team.
In the afternoon, the public was welcome to enjoy live music, hors d’oeuvres, dessert, and a tap truck. The AGC team continually offered tours, and the HR team provided information about job opportunities.
The Ashford of Grove City has 150 units and is Wallick’s fourth affordable assisted living community. With independent living and memory care units as well, AGC is our only community with all three levels of care in the same building.
Click here to watch the live recording of the morning portion.
Wallick Associates Build the Dream of Home Ownership with Habitat for Humanity
Affordable, decent housing is one of the most basic human needs; however, so many families and seniors within our own neighborhoods and beyond are still without a place to call home. Like Wallick, Habitat for Humanity (Habitat), a global nonprofit housing organization, works to end poverty by providing safe, affordable housing.
For two years now, Heart of Service (HOS) has partnered with local Habitat divisions to give Wallick the opportunity to help build houses for families working toward home ownership. This summer, almost 50 Wallick associates traded their same old routine for a day of framing, insulating, sheet rocking and more.
Overall, Wallick had five teams that each spent a day at one of Habitat’s project sites.
Wallick Welcomes Sen. Hornback, State Rep. Rand & Other Officials to KY Grand Reopening
Senator Paul Hornback and State Representative Rick Rand were among several officials to attend the grand reopening celebration for three of Wallick’s affordable apartment communities in Kentucky. Locust Ridge (72 units), Highpoint Senior Apartments (44 units) and Bedford Village (40 units) recently underwent rehabs after Wallick was awarded over $1.1 million in tax credits from the Kentucky Housing Corporation (KHC) in 2016. Overall, the rehabs totaled over $19 million. Each community received the following upgrades:
- Kitchen cabinets, countertops and appliances
- Bathroom vanities, showers and plumbing fixtures
- Carpet and resilient flooring
- Interior/exterior doors
- Redesigned units for accessibility
Building & Site Improvements
- New roof systems
- Security cameras and improved site lighting
- Landscaping and upgraded community patio
- Bedford and Locust Ridge- New community building w/ kitchenette, computer lab, laundry facilities and Resident Service coordinator office
- Bedford and Locust Ridge- Enlarged playground area w/ seating
In addition to Sen. Hornback and State Rep. Rand, those to speak at the ribbon cutting, held at Bedford Village, were:
- Howard Wallick- Principal, Wallick Communities
- Andrew M. Condia- Field Representative, on behalf of Senator Mitch McConnell
- Stacie Rockaway- Field Representative, on behalf of Congressman Thomas Massie
- Mayor Todd Pollock- City of Bedford, KY
- Tracy Thurston- Managing Director, Multifamily Programs & Asset Management, KHC
- Jeff Banker- Vice President, Red Capital Group
- Sharon Johnson- Multi-Family Housing Program Director, USDA-Rural Development
After the ribbon was cut, guests were welcome to visit and tour Locust Ridge and Highpoint for the remainder of the afternoon. Thank you to Wallick’s Development team and project partners for reinvesting in the Company’s communities and improving the lives of its residents.
Three Residents Awarded Jack Wallick Scholarships
Congratulations to the following residents, who have been awarded the Jack Wallick Memorial Scholarship for 2018:
- Brittany Durham: A resident of Fair Park Apartments in Sardinia, OH, Ms. Durham will attend Kaplan University to attain a bachelor’s degree in business.
- Earnestine Jones: Ms. Jones lives at Garden View Acres, located in Toledo, OH. She will work toward a bachelor’s degree in social work at the University of Toledo.
- Pauline Habegger: Ms. Habegger is a resident of Pine Crossing Apartments in Decatur, IN. A student of the Ultimate Medical Academy, she is studying to become a medical billing and coding specialist.
Each spring, the Jack Wallick Memorial Scholarship awards several Wallick residents up to $2,500 (per school year for up to four years) to help pay the cost of attending college or technical school. Established in memory of Jack Wallick, founder of Wallick Communities, the scholarship program further supports his mission to help residents create better futures for themselves and their families.