https://www.wallick.com/wp-content/uploads/TheGrove_RibbonCutting_01.jpg 875 1313 Sirena Frost /wp-content/uploads/2015/06/wallick-communities-logo.png Sirena Frost2018-11-19 14:43:592018-11-19 14:43:59Wallick Unveils $7.1 Million Memory Care Community at Grand Opening Celebration
Wallick Unveils $7.1 Million Memory Care Community at Grand Opening Celebration
After 18 months in development, The Grove at Oakleaf Village of Columbus officially opened November 15 with a ribbon-cutting ceremony attended by local officials, project partners and congressional representatives.
The Grove Columbus –a $7.1 million project—is Wallick’s second memory care facility for seniors with age-related dementias. When fully occupied, it will employ up to 40 full-time associates. Those who spoke at the celebration included:
- Tom Feusse- CEO, Wallick Communities
- Dawn Nero- Executive Director, Oakleaf Village of Columbus & The Grove
- Stephanie Hess- Director of Operations, Senior Living, Wallick Communities
- Jean Thompson- Executive Director, Ohio Assisted Living Association
- Vince McGrail- Executive Director & CEO, Alzheimer’s Association Central Ohio Chapter
- Ellen Short- Central Ohio Regional Representative, Office of U.S. Senator Sherrod Brown
- Jocelyn Armstrong- District Director, Office of Congresswoman Joyce Beatty
- Hon. Michael Stinziano- President Pro Tem, Columbus City Council
- Reverend Leroy Troy- Oakleaf Village Resident
- Rabbi Areyah Kaltmann- Chabad Columbus
The ribbon-cutting ceremony was followed by tours and lunch. Additionally, The Grove hosted an event for the public that evening.