Website Corporate Headquarters
We are currently seeking a Compliance Director for our Affordable Housing Operations team. You will report to the Senior Vice President of Affordable Housing Operations and be responsible for monitoring property compliance with Section 42 of the IRC, HUD guidelines, FHA restrictive covenants and other program restrictions. Additionally, you will oversee management and development of the Compliance Team and maintain consistency of Wallick Policy and Procedure through collaboration with Learning and Development, IT and Affordable Housing Operations.
What we offer: Wallick Communities offers a competitive salary and full benefits package for our associates. Our benefits include: health, dental, and vision insurance; company paid Life and LTD; 401(k) with company match; Vacation and Personal after 90 days; Holiday pay after day 1 including a week off during December; tuition reimbursement program, fitness reimbursement; and a wellness program.
We desire an individual with these skills and experiences:
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of affordable housing compliance experience dealing with Section 42, Section 8, and Tax-Exempt Bond financing. Must possess leadership skills in managing a team. Must be a high-level communicator. Should possess advanced knowledge of applicable laws and regulations governing Fair Housing including industry certifications such as CPM, HCCP, COS, BOS. Should possess proficiency in operating a computer and be proficient in Microsoft Office. Experience working with Yardi 7s is preferred.
- You must be able to make complex decisions requiring a significant amount of judgment. Additionally, you need the ability to communicate to the team both verbally and in writing. You should be able to read, analyze and interpret reports and legal documents; and to respond to issues arising from compliance issues at the property level.
- Prefer nationally recognized Tax Credit and/or HUD certification. HCCP a plus.
Below is a description of duties and responsibilities:
- Reviews and monitors changes in regulatory and reporting provisions of government agencies, e.g., HUD, HOME, State Housing Finance Agencies, etc. Disseminates information to affordable housing operations associates and maintains Wallick Policy and Procedures. Ensures up-to-date compliance on the part of all communities. Updates company compliance forms, as needed.
- In collaboration with Regional Vice President(s) and Learning and Development, assists in providing associate training on compliance issues, recertifications and other legal monitoring requirements.
- Oversees compliance team to ensure that all regulatory documentation, such as Affirmative Fair Housing Marketing Plans, Management Certifications, Rent Schedules, Tenant Selection Plans, and other required documentation are kept up-to-date at all times.
- Oversees EIV and HUD Secure Systems Coordinators
- Oversees and responds to internal Compliance Help Desk tickets.
- Oversees collection, summary and distribution of Maximum Income Limits and Maximum Rent Limits for each state/county on an annual basis. Updates appropriate limit schedules in Yardi.
- Monitors MOR and State Agency Inspection calendar and conducts an audit of resident files in advance of inspections.
- Coordinates the review of all resident move-in files during acquisition rehab or new construction tax credit developments for accuracy and compliance with rent, utility allowances, income limits and all other regulatory requirements, partnership agreements and public program requirements.
- Leads and coordinates Policy & Procedures Committee to ensure associate compliance with regulatory requirements relating to the set-up and ongoing maintenance of resident files and general project compliance.
- Must possess strong leadership skills and communication skills to lead and develop Compliance Team Members and maintain consistency with Learning and Development, IT (Yardi) and Affordable Housing Operations as it relates to Wallick Policy and Procedure.
Who we are: Wallick Communities, founded in 1966, is a diversified organization specializing in the development, construction and management of affordable multi-family housing, senior living communities and student housing. We are a team that strives to do business with integrity. We’re a company that promotes hard work balanced by family time and a fair amount of fun. We don’t just say the right things, we do them—without compromise.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.