Wallick Communities is a diversified organization specializing in the development, construction and management of affordable multi-family housing and senior living communities including memory care.
We are searching for as Asset Manager to add to our team. This position will work out of our corporate office located in New Albany.
Purpose: Acquisition, administration, and disposition of real estate in such a manner that the owners long term strategic goals are met.
– Review and approve annual strategic, operating and financial plans and budgets for the portfolio with Affordable Housing Operations
– Review and approve audit reports and tax returns for assigned portfolio which includes a combination of subsidized and tax credit properties
– Understand partnership documents and loan documents as they relate to all aspects of the asset
– Calculate annual cash flow distributions for the Wallick owned portfolio
– Meet regularly with Affordable Housing Operations to discuss operating results, variances to budget and strategize on opportunities for property performance improvement
– Analyze business operations, trends, expenses, revenue, and financial commitments to project future revenue and expenses
– Create plans, set goals, and measure results for troubled assets
– Generate weekly asset management dashboard which reports on occupancy, accounts receivable, and work order tracking
– Generate monthly asset management metric reports and management dashboard reports which include NOI, DSC, A/R, A/P, occupancy and reserve balances for all Wallick owned properties
– Prepare and maintain the REO schedule on a quarterly basis
– Capital expense planning, budgeting, and approval
– Provide analysis, suggest rankings and participate in quarterly discussion of Wallick portfolio
– Conduct annual site inspection of the properties assigned portfolio to analyze the overall condition of the property and make appropriate recommendations to Affordable Housing Operations
– Monitor portfolio for real estate tax appeal and mortgage refinance opportunities
– Manage the disposition and exit of Limited Partners related to LIHTC transactions
– Act as owner’s representative when interacting with lenders, investors, allocating agencies, etc.
– Actively participate as a member of the Acquisition Team for properties that will be part of the portfolio post closing (including site visits, scope of work determination, financial review, document review and negotiation, on-boarding)
– Requires a bachelor’s degree or a combination of equivalent education and experience
– An intermediate understanding of accounting and finance is required
– A basic knowledge of applicable laws and regulations governing public housing is a plus.
– Should be familiar with some type of automated accounting software, in addition to Microsoft Office software.
We offer our associates a competitive salary and benefits package. All associates are offered a 401(k) with company match, tuition reimbursement and a free, voluntary wellness program. Full time associates are also offered company paid life, AD&D and long-term disability; health, dental, & vision insurance; voluntary life, AD&D, and short-term disability; paid time off, and a fitness reimbursement program!
At Wallick, we’ll help you reach your potential while you help others reach theirs. Want to enjoy coming to work? So do we!
We are a team that strives to do business with integrity, excellence and a joy in helping others. We’re a company that respects people, helps individuals grow, encourages innovation and promotes hard work balanced by family time and a fair amount of fun. We don’t just say the right things, we do them—without compromise.
From our headquarters in Columbus, Ohio to our various communities across the Midwest, Wallick is a great place to work.