Website Wallick Communities
Acquisitions General Manager; Remote or Corp Office Based
Wallick is a diversified organization specializing in the development, construction and management of affordable multi-family housing to include assisted living facilities. Wallick is currently seeking a qualified Acquisitions General Manager to support property acquisition activities across the entire Affordable Housing Operation (AHO) division. This position is responsible and accountable for leading and managing multi-state Affordable Housing associates and regional portfolio performance to achieve objectives. It will report directly to the Senior Vice President of AHO.
- Maintain a close working relationship with Development at all stages of the acquisition.
- Conduct a minimum of one site visit prior to closing.
- Review monthly financials and provide comments and questions to acquisitions team.
- Review all contracts prior to closing to make business decisions and to ensure they are documented in the pro-forma.
- Perform final review of pro-forma prior to closing.
- Review management related due diligence items.
- Review and evaluate staffing model. Work with Asset Management and Talent Acquisitions to redefine staffing model if needed.
- Work with Talent Acquisitions to interview and hire new Wallick Associates.
- Develop post-closing communications memo and transition the community to the RVP and General Manager.
- Provide documentation for website creation to marketing.
- Review third party diligence reports.
- Review AR status in collaboration with AR team and provide feedback to acquisitions team, if necessary.
- Review all lease documents and addendums, revise as necessary.
- Review current marketing conditions.
- Develop budget based on pro-forma.
- Train, onboard, lead, direct and manage new Wallick associates through project onboarding and transition period.
- Conduct 100% inspection of all units within first week of acquisition.
- Work with IT to set-up and implement Yardi.
- Implement Wallick Policies and Procedures.
- Evaluate and direct community operations to achieve strategic and budget objectives.
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws.
- Oversee any/all compliance requirements for assigned region from affordable funding sources.
- Conduct a minimum of two site visits for each community per month.
- Collaborate with asset management, development, construction and finance, as needed.
- Manage and or approve all community expenditures and invoices.
- Provide relief management to on-site offices as needed.
- Position requires ongoing professional development, annual attendance at fair housing, section 42 and leasing courses or seminars.
- 7 – 10 years of multi-family, multi-site experience or a combination of education and experience required.
- Must possess the ability to travel to multiple communities. Some weeks, travel will be more extensive.
- Should possess basic knowledge of applicable laws and regulations governing public housing.
- Should possess intermediate experience with MS Office and property management software (preferably Yardi).
- Valid drivers’ license preferred
- HCCP preferred
- High school diploma or GED minimum.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
Who we are: Wallick Communities, founded in 1966, is a diversified organization specializing in the development, construction and management of affordable multi-family housing, senior living communities and student housing. We are a team that strives to do business with integrity. We’re a company that promotes hard work balanced by family time and a fair amount of fun. We don’t just say the right things, we do them—without compromise.
What we offer: Wallick Communities offers a competitive salary and full benefits package for our associates. Our benefits include: health, dental, and vision insurance; company paid Life and LTD; 401(k) with company match; Vacation and Personal after 90 days; Holiday pay after day 1 including a week off during December; tuition reimbursement program, fitness reimbursement; and a wellness program.