Wallick is a diversified organization specializing in the development, construction and management of affordable multi-family housing to include assisted living facilities. Wallick is currently seeking a qualified Assistant General Manager for our properties in the Dayton, Ohio area. You will assist the General Manager in the direction, guidance, and support of the daily business functions of communities in the district while providing direct supervision of Administrative Specialists and Occupancy Specialists.
What we offer: Wallick Communities offers a competitive salary and full benefits package for our associates. Our benefits include: health, dental, and vision insurance; company paid Life and LTD; 401(k) with company match; Vacation and Personal after 90 days; Holiday pay after day 1 including a week off during December; tuition reimbursement program, fitness reimbursement; and a wellness program.
The Assistant General Manager:
- Serves as a liaison between support staff and the General Manager and Regional VP.
- Directly supervises Administrative and Occupancy Specialists within the district.
- Provides oversight of the financial performance of the communities within the district.
- Assists with talent acquisition (staffing, development, and training) for all communities within the district.
- Assists with compliance including inspections, and any required governmental reporting.
- Assists with various reports at the direction of the RVP/GM.
- Ensures adherence to all Company-related Policies.
- Ensures communities within the district are maintained to all company standards.
- Provides oversight of operating budgets for each community within the district.
- Assists with ensuring work hours for the community staff within the district are reported correctly at the close of each pay period.
- Maintains positive relationships with the community Owner(s), its residents, and any applicable regulatory agencies.
- Works with the General Manager and support staff to resolve community needs or deficiencies.
- Provides oversight of the development and implementation of marketing plans for the communities within the district.
We desire the following experience:
- 3 – 5 years previous experience in property management or similar environment.
- Minimum 1 – 2 years previous experience in a supervisory role preferred.
- Basic knowledge of accounting required.
- Basic knowledge of applicable laws and regulations governing public housing.
- Proficiency in operating a computer with Microsoft Word Software; e.g. Word and Excel.
Who we are: Wallick Communities, founded in 1966, is a diversified organization specializing in the development, construction and management of affordable multi-family housing, senior living communities and student housing. We are a team that strives to do business with integrity. We’re a company that promotes hard work balanced by family time and a fair amount of fun. We don’t just say the right things, we do them—without compromise.
Candidates must successfully pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.